Thursday, November 22, 2007

Disney World EPCOT!!

Thanksgiving is BIG in the US. Its more than just a holiday - and so it was for me. I kicked off my second trip to Orlando with a visit to Disney's EPCOT. The Disney World in Orlando consists of four theme parks - Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT and MGM studios. EPCOT stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tommorrow. True to its name, it has rides and themes based on futuristic stuff and was really really cool. The first place I went to in the park was the International Space Training Center. This was a very innovative place based on Gary Sinise's movie (and as in all movie based entertainment places, presented by the movie cast) on a trip to Mars. The idea was to subject "candidates" to advanced space training before taking off to Mars. The entire place looked so real - just like out of a movie. The entry lounge had a huge rotating space capsule..videos were running showing the insides of a space vehicle to be used for the take off. I unfortunately took the Green (less intensive) ticket (all tickets are obviously free, so that thing really pinched me a lot later as I really wanted the more intensive one) but anyways..we finally "boarded" the craft..teams were formed and my team (no. 1) had 3 people including me..we were supposed to be the crew manning the ship to Mars. I became the pilot and the navigator while the other two became the Commander and the Engineer...the rest was one heck of a ride to Mars!!...I will write more on my EPCOT trip later perhaps - about Finding Nemo, Soaring over California, about the World Showcase, about Ellen Degeneres' show on Energy, and the best thrill ride of 'em all - Test track (powered by GM)..I missed out Honey I shrunk the audience - guess the only one thing I missed and regret now..its quite late in the night as I write this and I am groggy - after all, I need to be in Disney's Magic Kingdom on time tommorrow and a lot more stuff to see...!..:-)

No comments: