Monday, April 20, 2009

Twitter, Last.fm these days!

Twitter has taken the world by storm - and I guess its for people who don't get time to personally interact or socialize a lot, are always on the move and could only thumb a line through their smartphones. I have started twitting too - downloaded this nifty app called Tweetdeck that runs on the ubersleek Adobe Internet Runtime (AIR). So, while thumbing even a line of message seems oh-so arduous to me, I did not mind keying in a few tweets through the web. Oh, and another category (thats growing by the day these days) of people would love the tool - those who do not have the patience to scour through pages of blogs..it is fun and worth checking out (I feel like an old man these days in anycase, catching on trends when they are already very commong, passe or sun-setting)..
And the other thing - Last.fm. Thanks to the app available for my Nokia N95, could try it first on the phone. Now, my notebook. Reminds me of Pandora. But Pandora's dead for me now - I loved it so and now it is confined only to the US..makes sense though. Through the weekend, I tried out a lot of new age artists similar to Sarah McLachlan, Hevia, Clannad, Loreena McKennitt and the likes. Turned out there are so many artists in quaint scandinavian and far-eastern locations producing such top class music. Nilu usually is on top of genres closer home such as Goa Trance, etc, but for me a lot of it is new. The radio picked up some cool Karunesh, Prem Joshua, etc too!..would try some of it this week too. Can do a lot of work with such relaxing music playing..

No comments: