Monday, July 06, 2009

Listened to some Mike and The Mechanics after ages

Over this weekend, I was on a nostalgia trip, listening to all things old - soft ballads, rock anthems, the works...fished out two of the Mike and The Mechanics greatests - Living Years and All I need is a Miracle. Still sound so good and ofcourse, quite refreshing after listening to them after some 15-20 years. I also listened to a lot of Eagles and Don Henley in particular - Learn to be still, Tequila Sunrise (like Glen Frey too), Boys of Summer, End of Innocence, Love will keep us alive, New York Minute, among others..today I would download Mono (not the Japanese instrumental rock band but the british duo trip-hop act that churned out "Life in Mono" about 11 years back. I like trip-hop at times - used to listen to a lot of that when I was going through a rather depressive phase: Tricky, Portishead, Massive Attack, Everything But the Girl, etc)....wish last.fm or Pandora could play their free radios this part of the world (sigh!)...

No comments: