Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ahoy Columbia!

This is my first week at work in the US. I am thoroughly enjoying Columbia, SC. Currently put up at a small acco near Fort Jackson, my workplace is some 15 miles from there, on the I-77. And truly, now I know what I had been missing all this while - working at the headquarters of my company, working with the bunch who get the bacon home.

Ah well, South Carolina is a pretty state It has its share of history and has contributed to the world of music - James Brown, Dizzy Gillespie come from South Carolina. Living is expensive though - from living and commuting standpoint. An apartment in the Irving/Austin area costs $500-$600 pm while here, its $600 plus. Also, like in most of America's smaller towns, there is no public transport...but that is fine..after all, its an experience working here and a rather good one.

I would now start writing about specific experiences of my life at Columbia, and hopefully add pics too....

No comments: