Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Delhi Trip

Just returned from a great trip to Delhi. It was basically meant for my medical examinations at AIIMS and fortunately turned out good - no abnormal condition, but I guess I would need to reduce my weight fast. Nilu is around and we could spend some quality time together - talking, watching movies, playing C&C3-Kane's Wrath over the wi-fi LAN (and did I lose the games royally!), and ofcourse, sharing data with each other. Nilu has a very good repository of stuff and it was a pleasure checking it out. I also got to check out Bapa's new office - at the Bhikaji Cama Complex. A sea change from his earlier offices, the new office is located in a major market complex (which surely is also a matter of concern looking at the importance of his new post and the lack of security there). But what has been inspirational about Bapa always has been his taking everything in his stride without any apparent betrayal of emotions. Ma recently witnessed this oh so prestigious event where the National School of Drama staged one of her plays. Could anything be better than that??

And also could watch Buli mamu and his family for a whole week on TV. The last day was rather eventful - with the Delhi blasts. Bonnie apparently travelled that day via Barakhamba Road, one of the blast sites and we were naturally quite worried about her. My thoughts were also with Shveta and my mom-in-law, who still continues to be sick. I was constantly in touch with them. Bonnie landed up on the last day and spent a few hours with us. She is looking very sprightly and pretty now - which is a great thing. Hope she also manages to get a guy of her liking soon - which would be so much better for her, esp. because she is so well educated and smart....

I also got to show some of my Steven Seagal movies to Bapa and Ma, and also one of the gems of my prized collection - the World at War. 

Lastly, our dear pets - Chaman and Godot - were looking their cutest best - playing around with their baby beanies and trying to hump each other (jeez!)..hope the horny Chaman gets a real mate before he dies humping an occasional human leg and a distraught US returned , male, Shih-tzu much older than himself...

I headed back to Bhopal on Sunday after having a rather good break. Wished my dear parents-in-law were better because I feel quite guilty thinking about all the good things as they suffer from ill-health.

No comments: